The First Time We Saw Your Face...

The First Time We Saw Your Face...
Shu Hua Wen-Referral Photo

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Medical and Dental Appointments Scheduled

Last week I took Chloe to a pediatric dentist (Kevin was out of town for work). She was so good for Dr. Boyd. She even let them take an x-ray. I was so proud of her. I was very impressed with Dr. Boyd. He was so gentle with Chloe, reassuring her and praising her for being good. There was a little girl in the lobby who was obviously waiting for a procedure. She and her mother went into the bathroom a couple of times and I heard her mother tell the receptionist that she was nauseus due to nerves. Dr. Boyd came out to the lobby and sat next to her and I overheard him telling her that he had spoken to his staff and they were all going to be especially gentle and careful with her. I know she's in good hands.
The plan is to pull all the bottom teeth in front. They are too decayed to save. The top teeth in the front will have white caps on them, and two molars will have silver caps. She had one tooth that was absessed so she is currently on Amoxicillin. They will also give her an injection of antibiotics before the procedure due to her heart condition. Originally this was scheduled for May 10, but they called yesterday and said they have an opening on April 12, so we changed the appointment. They plan to start at 6:00 a.m.! We're not looking forward to this, but realize it needs to be done before it effects the permanent teeth.
Other medical appointments scheduled are: April 5 Echocardiogram and April 28 Pediatric Cardiologist.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update....I will be praying! I was in need of my Chloe "fix". I am so glad to hear she is doing well and thriving! God truly placed her in the right forever family! I need to schedule a time to drive down for the afternoon to meet Miss Chloe...you guys tell me when you have an "opening" and I'll jump in the car and head your way.
    By the way, I have contacted the Etsy seller to find out where the bows are that I ordered for Chloe! I ordered her a basic assortment of 6 with headband...the bows can be worn with the headband on by themselves! She looked so darling with that headband on in the photo of her first Church service.
    Enjoy your sweet little one!
    Love, Norah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her heart! Thomas gets his first two crowns next week. (he has had 8 cavities filled) We haven't had to pull any yet but we are close. Praying we can avoid that.

    I will be praying for your sweet girl. So glad you have a wonderful dentist. Makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update on Chloe. And so glad to hear you have a great dentist. And so glad they have a plan. It will all work out in the end. :) And better at 6am when Chloe is half asleep -- it might make it easier on her. Cassie hasn't seem a dentist yet but both her and Chloe go on May 6th -- at 7:30am. So I feel your pain.

    Chloe is such the big girl now -- not the little scared girl I met in GZ.

    Keep us posted on her other appts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see an update on you all. A great dentist will make this so much easier on all of you. Good luck with everything and keep us posted on how she does. I have to get Taylor to a pedia-dentist in the next few months also. Hope no work will need to be done. Will be thinking of all of you on the 12th and sending prayers and hugs your way. Post some pictures of Chloe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am friends with Norah and I just wanted to congratulate you on adding beautiful Chloe to your family. She is so adorable. I will pray that ll goes well with her teeth. I am sure that is nerve wracking. And I will pray for her cardiology appt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I will echo everything all is saying about having a wonderful dentist. I as a child had a terrible experience so it is a MUST in our home to make sure the children are comfortable with the dentist.
    Poor thing having to have so much done, but it will be so much better on her once it is taken care of.
    Thanks for the update...keep us posted on the other exams. I will be thinking and praying for you guys on the 12th.
    Sorry I'm chiming in late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I have turned into an emotional mess in my old age! I even started crying during her dental exam! Just to hear him calling out each individual tooth and what needs to be done, then I asked him about something white on her lower gums and he said it was a root of a tooth and was abcessed. I hate what she'll have to go through but in the end it will be so much better for her. Thank you again, dear friends, and welcome to our blog, Ms. 3 Peanuts!

    ReplyDelete