The First Time We Saw Your Face...

The First Time We Saw Your Face...
Shu Hua Wen-Referral Photo

Monday, May 10, 2010

Yet Another Trial

Today we heard the words that we have dreaded: Kevin's cancer has returned, this time in the small intestine (duodenum to be exact). The doctors feel it is in the early stages and that the treatment will be minor compared to last time. It's hard to understand how God put all the pieces together to make our adoption possible, only to have this happen when we've been home only 3 months. But I know He is bigger than this trial, and as always, I ask him to use this trial to increase our faith and love for Him. We owe every bit of Kevin's 2 years being cancer free to Him. Kevin had a feeding tube placed last Thursday. It clogged up this morning and they were unable to unclog it, so they will sedate him in the morning and replace it. Then we will meet with a surgeon to talk about our options. I will let everyone know once we know more.

Chloe is doing well. Kevin and I agree we need to keep things as normal as possible, doing our best to keep routines. Most of all, we want to savor each and every moment we have as a family, because life is uncertain, isn't it?

We love you all and thank you for your prayers!

9 comments:

  1. Oh no, Mary. I'm so sorry to hear this. Keep tight to your family. I'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers, friend.
    I totally agree that what will help Chloe is normal routines, but you and I know that it won't all be normal.

    Hang in there, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Mary, what devastating news. Keep your eyes on our Father - He will give you both the strength to get through this again. Praying for you all - please let us know if there is anything you need. I am a short drive away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, so sorry to hear this news. God has a plan and please stay focused on that. He will lead you down the right path during this trial. We will be praying for you.

    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, so sorry to hear of your news. Please know you are in my thoughts and I will be praying for positive news in the near future. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary,just read Kevin's post today and came straight here. I am praying and I have alerted my prayer warriors. I so hate cancer...I hate it. I am so sorry Kevin and you are having to deal with this again, just breaks my heart. You guys know I'm only 2 hours north...I can be there as quickly as you need me....please don't hesitate to ask. We need to plan a trip for me to come meet Chloe anyway!
    I love you all and I'm praying.
    Norah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again Mary & Kevin what can we say except our prayers are this won't be as bad. I hate the fact that you guys have to face this again, Keep your faith that is important. We never know why God has some to deal with more than their share. God love you all three and again so so sorry.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, is there anything I can do to help you from here? Gosh I wish I lived much closer right now.

    Sending more hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your prayers. Lesa, the only thing I can think of is to pray. As you can see from Kevin's caringbridge site, we are up against a mountain, but we know God can move mountains. Please pray for our surgeon as well, as he doesn't really know how to proceed at this time. He is consulting with others for their opinion. Thank you for asking, and for caring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, I loved meeting Miss Chloe yesterday! Thank you for a wonderful visit. Ruby, as you heard did not want to leave!! She was having way too much fun!
    Bet Chloe slept awesome last night. Ruby did!!! Bet the pup did too! Ah to be a little girl again! By the way, its official...I am a member of the Chloe Walker fan club...yep...that last hug and kiss sealed the deal for me!
    Love you guys, Norah

    ReplyDelete