The First Time We Saw Your Face...

The First Time We Saw Your Face...
Shu Hua Wen-Referral Photo

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thoughts


I'm reading "The Lost Daughters of China" and it has really had me thinking much about Chloe's roots, particularly her birth parents. I will never know the situation surrounding their abandoning this precious girl; I can only speculate. But I imagine it probably caused unbearable pain. And somehow it doesn't seem fair that this woman's painful act has brought us incredible joy, despite the difficult trial we are going through with Kevin.
Tonight as I lay Chloe down, she insisted we sing "Building Up the Temple" and "This Little Light of Mine". She doesn't really sing, but she knows all the hand motions to both songs. As we sang through them for the 3rd and final time, I thanked God for my sweet daughter, who may never have heard these songs from my childhood, let alone the story of Jesus' love and sacrifice for her.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mary how wonderful, I know you and Kevin Thnak God daily for your precious gift. No I'm like you can not imagine have to walk away from a sweet child, and how that had to hurt. We will never understand, but we thank God for her and that he gave her the chance to meet a wonderful Mom and Dad. God be with you, Kevin, and Chloe. Much love Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are so blessed to have been given these children to raise. God is smiling down on you for your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sweet Chloe!
    Mary your blog made me cry tonight...I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed you and Kevin with Miss Chloe. What a special little girl. Just knowing she is learning about how much her Mommy and Daddy love her, but also how much her Heavenly Father loves her...I am so thankful she will know that Jesus died for her sins! She will know what so many children in China will never hear.
    I love you guys so much!
    Norah

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, Mary. It brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete