The First Time We Saw Your Face...

The First Time We Saw Your Face...
Shu Hua Wen-Referral Photo

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thank Heaven for Little Girls...

Welcome and thank you for reading our adoption blog! We titled it "To the Moon and Back" because that is where this long process has felt like it has taken us. We began this journey 4 long years ago, and now we are just weeks from bringing our daughter home! It is truly unbelievable and definitely an act of God! And all the glory will definitely go to Him!

We are scheduled to leave for China on January 21, 2010; however, we are still missing one important piece of paper from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service. We're praying it will arrive any day now!

Let me introduce you to our daughter:

Chinese Name: Shu Hua Wen
To be known as: Chloe Ruth Walker
Birthday: August 7, 2006
Current Location: Children's Welfare Institute of Chengdu City
Provence: Sichuan

7 comments:

  1. I love the name Chloe Ruth. Is the Ruth in honor of someone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for the USCIS to hurry up!!!! Chloe needs her parents to come get her. And I agree with Pam -- LOVE the name Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pam and Sherry. Ruth was Kevin's grandmother's name. It's kinda victorian-era, which is what I like about it. And it's a Bible name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty little darling and I agree I love the name as well.
    I will send several prayers that you will get the much needed remaining items to get on to China!! I so hope that you get to go and be with Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! I'm so excited for the both of you! Chloe is a lucky little girl to be getting such loving parents! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete