The First Time We Saw Your Face...

The First Time We Saw Your Face...
Shu Hua Wen-Referral Photo

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catching Up... And Almost Home!!

The last few days have been filled with shopping, a trip to the clinic to read Chloe's TB test (negative), and our appointment with the U.S. consulate for our oath-taking ceremony. I was expecting much more, but it was really pretty uneventful. They called the families by name up to a window where we both signed, then we were all addressed as a group for a few minutes, stood, raised our right hand and repeated after her, and that was that! Chloe threw the fit of all fits and Kevin about had it! Thankfully, one of our travel families had some Cheerios on hand and that worked for a bit.

We are eager to get on the plane for home. We leave tomorrow morning (Thursday). It's been nice, but these 2 weeks have seemed like an eternity in some ways. I'm ready to get back to all things familiar!


This is Lesa.... Thank you Mary for allowing me to help you while you were in China! I know how you feel about wanting to be home.
Norah, you please give them a huge hug from me, okay.

6 comments:

  1. Mary, Kevin, and Chloe...

    I sure hope the flight goes smoothly for you. I think things will start to smooth out once you are home.
    When you can...jet leg in hand, please give us an update and let us know that you got home safely.
    Looking forward to seeing some photos of all of you at home.

    Love you!
    Lesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all getting excited for you to return home with your precious gift.

    Kevin, and Mary you have such an adventure, many days for struggles, but at the end and yes there will be an end you are going to be so blessed. This will take time so much adjustments. Much love, laughter, tears, and patients from all. Our prayer and best wishes go to all of you. Cuz Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, my friend! Can't wait to hear from you once you are HOME! (Boy, I bet that word sounds good right about now!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesa, I'll be happy to give all a hug from you!! Thank you for sharing for all of us...so we have been able to feel like we have been with them!
    Of course wouldn't you know it..we have a snow storm brewing...they are saying snow until Friday morning..I am praying that they are wrong so I have no problems leaving Dallas on Friday morning. When I get home on Friday...I'll send a quick comment here and let you all know that I'm home and how beautiful that little girl really is....anyone have any suggestions on what I can take....Mary has said that Chloe doesn't love dolls....so I'm wondering about a stuffy or bubbles? Anyone have any suggestions? I will have Pink Balloons...but I would like something for Chloe to keep her busy while she has her first car seat car ride home!1
    Love to all!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Norah. Everyone is so welcome. I was happy to do it.

    I'm thinking..... Evan loves stuffed animals and babies believe it or not.
    Our 6 year old likes dolls, but not that into them. She is more of a stuffed animal girl.
    Something that plays music I bet she would love.
    I hope you guys don't get that much snow. We have had about our fill up here in Amarillo. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all..its sad me...yes, sad....so far today we have had around 5" of snow and we are supposed to get another 1-3"...so I won't be heading out in the morning...as the snow tapers off early tomorrow morning....the wet snow will freeze...so driving tomorrow morning...just isn't going to happen.
    Its breaking my heart that I won't be at the airport to meet my new cousin Chloe....and welcome her momma and daddy home. I remember when Chloe's daddy was this age and I loved him dearly, just as I know I will love Chloe! Welcome home precious girl!
    Love Norah

    ReplyDelete